Re: WWW <-> Database query tools

From: Lee <freebird_at_gnu.ai.mit.edu>
Date: 1996/10/24

Their address is: http://www.allaire.com

toms_at_ihs.com (Tom Stockman) wrote:

:Andy Ross wrote:
::
:: We have a number of Oracle database tables that we would like to query
:: through World Wide Web forms. For various reasons we are not going to be
:: using Oracle Corp.'s Web Server. I would appreciate recommendations for
:: any products that have proven successful for you in allowing users to
:: interact with SQL based databases through web forms. Something that could
:: capture the user
:: query parameters, formulate the query, gather the data from the database, and
:: present the results to the user in a web page based on the query results.

:I worked a while back with Cold Fusion. It was reasonably obtuse,
:as should be expected, but once I got the hang of it I like it pretty
:well. It delivers SQL to any OBDC driver.

:I don't know their web address, but you oughta find their site easily
:enough.

:Good luck!

:Tom Stockman toms_at_ihs.com
: ...there is nothing for a case of nerves
: like a case of beer.
: - Joan Goldstein