Re: storing graphics in oracle

From: Loyal Barber <lbarber_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/10/23

Rohit Saran wrote:

> If one stores a bit-mapped graphics in Oracle, how does one retrieve
> it.. Can it be done using SQL or some other techniques have to be used.
> Any pointers will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks/Rohit...
We retrieve it using both forms and reports. It is simpler to explain in
Forms:

1. Create base table block with image as part of the block
2. Set up where clause criteria
3. Goto base table block
4. Execute query.

The guts of Forms takes care of the details for you. BTW, you will have to resize the image item on the form as it seems to default to one text line high.

You cannot use standard sql*plus to manipulate the images. They are stored in Oracle Graphics Format and sql*plus knows nothing about that or long raws.

Loyal Received on Wed Oct 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message