mirroring online transaction logs

From: <ythorne_at_acs.neu.edu>
Date: 1996/10/23

I'm not an ORACLE DBA, but have installed software that uses ORACLE for it's database engine. Using the information in the ORACLE7 Server Administrator's Guide and the Concepts Guide, I tried to mirror the 3 redo logs.

	alter database
		add logfile member '/harvest1/log1mhrvs.dbf' to group 1;
	alter database
		add logfile member '/harvest1/log2mhrvs.dbf' to group 2;
	alter database
		add logfile member '/harvest1/log3mhrvs.dbf' to group 3;

The following three messages were returned:
	 'database altered'.

The three files were created in the correct directory. A select on the v$logfile table shows the status of the three mirrored logs as 'invalid'.
The lgwr trace file has the following errors:
	ora-00313: open failed for members of log group 1 of thread 1
	ora-00313: open failed for members of log group 2 of thread 1
	ora-00313: open failed for members of log group 3 of thread 1

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

Thanks ahead for your help. Received on Wed Oct 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message