Re: How much does multiple CPU's help Oracle

From: <joe.cygan_at_wcom.com>
Date: 1996/10/23

stj_at_kraix05.allianse.no wrote:

>(with 7.2.2, AIX 4.1.4 and 2 Power PC 601 ECPU's), how can I "really"
>use those muscles in the machine ?
> Am I totally dependent on the OS using them to their own best ?
> Can I make Oracle use them more effieciently ?

We are using machines with 8 CPUs each(one with 8 motorolla 88100 and one with 8 P-133s). You can enable many options in your init.ora setup. And make sure you install the parallel query option(might not be available in 7.1, I cant remember right now). But you have multiple writer processes that you can start etc. If you need more info, let me know.

Joe Received on Wed Oct 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message