Re: Desinger 2000 vs Developer 2000

From: Todd Verstraten <tverstrat_at_tier3.com>
Date: 1996/10/23

Fran Moniz III wrote:

> We are starting a pilot project using oracle workgroup server on a NT
> server with Win95 clients. This is a very simple manufacturing process
> that we are going to write from scratch. The Question comes in weather
> we need Designer 2000 or not. We have looked at both packages when
> Oracle did a half day seminar on each and decided to diffidently get
> Developer 2000. Is there any real advantage to having both or can we
> get away with just Developer 2000?
> Fran Moniz III
> Lee Fashion Group
> http://www.leegroup.com

designer2000 is all about CASE. If your project is large enough, and the people are excited about it you should definately use it.

I my opinion, if you can't COMPLETELY design the system in your head, as case tool if very beneficial for ensuring that the design is well thought out and rounded off.

Todd Verstraten
mailto:tverstrat_at_tier3.com
http://www.tier3.com Received on Wed Oct 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message