WebLogic, Inc. is hiring (San Francisco)

From: <resumes_at_weblogic.com>
Date: 1996/10/22

WebLogic, Inc., the leading provider of Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) drivers and advanced multitier Java application servers continues to expand. To meet the demand for our products and to help us design and deliver new products, we seek strong candidates with exceptional technical and interpersonal communications skills.

This is an opportunity to join a profitable and extremely successful Internet startup in its earliest stages. At WebLogic, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in Java and gain valuable experience in the development of Java products that are used by leading companies throughout the world.

Candidates with 2-5 years of post-educational experience should have solid knowledge of at least one rdbms engine (Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, Informix, DB2), and either NT (3.51 or 4.0) or Unix experience (eg, Sparc/Solaris, HP/UX, IBM/AIX, SGI/IRIX).

In addition to the above skills, more experienced candidates will also need to have very strong commercial, system-level skills. Some examples would be networking protocols, distributed processing systems, transaction processing monitors, operating systems, or database/application engines.

You should possess exceptional analytical abilities, be a fast learner, have the temperment to work as a team member in a fast-paced startup environment, be passionate about Java, and be articulate and detail-oriented.

Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to

              mailto:resumes_at_weblogic.com

Please specify in your cover letter the best time to reach you.

Sorry, we do not have any entry-level positions. Principals only.
No telephone calls, please.