Re: Oracle forms 4.5

From: Frenchy461 <frenchy461_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/10/22

First of all GLOBAL store varchar2(255). It won't store an ID. But you can store the last item it was in before proceeding to the different canvas.

I always create a WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE at form level and store
:system.cursor_item in a control_block.item1(better then using global
unless you are going to a totally different form). Make sure that in the WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE, you put an if statement to not store
:system.cursor_item when the block name equals the block name of the
canvas you are going to.

Let me know if this works. Received on Tue Oct 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message