Re: Oracle forms 4.5

From: <dmoyer_at_gpu.com>
Date: 1996/10/22

In <326BDA43.3733_at_clemson.edu>, Rajashekar Aerrabotu <shekar_at_clemson.edu> writes:
>Hi,
>I want to know as to how one can remember the last canvas it was in as
>i need for one application. I can enter a particular canvas view from
>two different views and i want to remember from where i came from so
>that i can return to same canvas on exit. This is not a call so will not
>return to exact canvas from where it came.
>
>I tried using global variable to store the present canvas id but its
>giving sql error probably because global variables might not be made to
>store such info. I would appreciate if you can help me.
>
>Please send me a personal mail if possible.
>
>Thanks
>
>Rajashekar
>email : raerrab_at_cs.clemson.edu
>Graduate Administrative Assistant
>Administrative Programming Services
>Clemson University.

Before going to your view you could save the text from the system variable :system.mouse_canvas into a global variable. Then you would issue a SHOW_VIEW(global.prev_canvas);

D. Scott Moyer, Jr.                        dmoyer_at_gpu.com (preferred for work)
GPU Service Corporation                dsmoyer_at_enter.net (preferred for home)
Reading, PA Received on Tue Oct 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message