Re: Oracle Objects vs. RDO-ODBC for VB

From: Charles Reitzel <creitzel_at_tiac.net>
Date: 1996/10/22

Brian Robson wrote:

> The answer is so simple. RDO is full of bugs. We wasted months trying to get
> it to work to Oracle running on an NT server. It works perfectly for say 10
> minutes, fast and wonderful, then crashes.

I got burned real bad by VB 3.0 DAO. They provided many syntactic improvements to VB 4.0 (especially bind variables), so I thought maybe MS had bought a clue. But it appears no, I have been right to avoid MS database products with a barge pole.

Charlie Reitzel
creitzel_at_tiac.net

P.S. A barge pole is 11 ft. long Received on Tue Oct 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message