Re: Desinger 2000 vs Developer 2000

From: Wayne Linton <lintonw_at_cadvision.com>
Date: 1996/10/21

Fran Moniz III wrote:

> We are starting a pilot project using oracle workgroup server on a NT
> server with Win95 clients. This is a very simple manufacturing process
> that we are going to write from scratch. The Question comes in weather
> we need Designer 2000 or not. We have looked at both packages when
> Oracle did a half day seminar on each and decided to diffidently get
> Developer 2000. Is there any real advantage to having both or can we
> get away with just Developer 2000?
> Fran Moniz III
> Lee Fashion Group
> http://www.leegroup.com

Designer/2000 is first a case tool, secondly an application generator, but is not a development tool in the 'traditional' sense of the word. If you wish to model your application, create ER diagrams, generate the DDL, create your 'basic' applications with FORMS 4.5 (it will generate other code depending on the version you have), Designer/2000 is for you!

If you'd rahter do it all from scratch without the aid of a CASE tool, then Developer/2000 will do the trick.

Wayne Linton Received on Mon Oct 21 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message