WebServer: WRB vs CGI

From: <Steve_Kilbane_at_cegelecproj.co.uk>
Date: 1996/10/21

I've been having a look at the WRB config form, trying to suss out what makes a URL get handled by a cartridge, rather than as a plain CGI program. And I'm thinking specifically of the PL/SQL Agent here...

According to the manual, I need to have the cartridge created with a name, Applications and Objects filled in, so that there's an entry point in a library, Applications and Directories filled in to point to supporting files, and Applications and MIME Types filled in to determine which extensions the URL must/mustn't have to be given to the WRB.

Well, looking at my config, the OWA cartridge is defined with an entry point, and there are the two example Directory entries given for the demos, but no MIME types, and no Directory entries for the service that I'd created when I installed the WebServer. After all, what extension would you give to a PL/SQL function name?

So, does this mean that all my PL/SQL Agent requests are currently being handled as a CGI program.

steve Received on Mon Oct 21 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message