A warning to Oracle contractors in Colorado

From: Edward Lootan <elootan_at_h2net.net>
Date: 1996/10/18

A good friend of mine forwarded me this warning message, I am forwarding this message here to warn others about this company.

[FORWARDED MESSAGE] A couple of days ago, I sent an inquiry to Ron Scott & Associates asking for more detail about an Oracle opportunity in the Denver area that they posted in the oracle newsgroups. As I was hesitant to just blindy send off my resume to someone I've never even heard of before, I wanted more information. The responses I received from the company are below. I thought I would forward it to you guys as a general warning.

Cheers!

--Rob

  • Attachment ----

[Ron Scott & Associates Wrote]

> > We have a number of of openings for both Oracle DBA's and developers.
> > In order to evaluate where you would best fit in, we will need to see
> > resume from you. You can either attach it as an MS Word for Windows
> > file to an email message, or fax it (in fine resolution mode).
> >
> > I do promise to call you upon receipt, and will discuss things in more
> > detail. We will NOT submit your resume anywhere without your consent in
> > advance.

[I replied with]

> I am not inquiring about your many openings. I was asking about one specific
> opportunity which you posted a message about. If you have a list of Oracle
> DBA related opportunities that you wish to fulfill, I would like to see a
> more specific list of these openings, in order to evaluate where your
> organization would best fit with my needs. If I determine that your
> company may be suitable, then and only then will I submit my resume to you.

[Ron Scott & Associates replied with]

I think you have it backwards. WE are the ones who will evaluate how YOU fit with OUR client base. You do NOT dictate to us how we do so. We do not have to furnish you with a list of anything. Just who do you think you are, anyway?!?

I think the tone of your letters is offensive, rude, and your social skills very low on the scale of acceptibility. You are not the kind of person we would want to place with anyone, and you probably do not work well with people.

Please direct your inquiries to other employers. We are not interested. Do not bother us again, and the request for your resume is withdrawn.

[End of Ron Scott & Associates Reply] Received on Fri Oct 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message