Re: Using OS_Authentication in cron jobs

From: max <kruijzen_at_pi.net>
Date: 1996/10/18

Brad Baker wrote:

> I'm looking into using os_authentication for the purposes of running
> cron jobs which run a sql script through sqlplus. When the appropriate
> user invokes the shell script from the unix command prompt, the script
> runs to completion with no errors. However, when the same shell is
> invoked by the cron facility, I receive an invalid username/password
> message. Any ideas as to the possible problem? Has anyone implemented
> a similar setup?
>
> Thanks for any help...
> Brad Bakerwhen you run a job in the crontab, some shell-parameters are 'reset' for
 security reasons. This is standard UNIX behaviour. Effected are the $PATH-variable, the $HOME-variable etc.
The best way is to start your script with the command-lines:

        . /etc/profile
        . $HOME/.profile

for the bourne/kourne shells

This way you will have the same environment ! Received on Fri Oct 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message