Re: I need opinion

From: Chelly Green <chelly_at_eden.com>
Date: 1996/10/17

Michael Simpson wrote:

> In article <544vgp$ge7_at_ubszh.fh.zh.ubs.com> Ian Johnston, @ ubs . com
> writes:
> >Subject: Re: I need opinion
> >From: Ian Johnston, _at_ ubs . com
> >Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 11:48:33 +0100
> >>Dave Mausner wrote:
> >
> >[from Chicago, USA...]
> >
> >> the supply of talent is lower overseas, but
> >> there is no urgency to use their services, so wages here remain high.
> >
> >Pretty broad statement, don't you think? Some of us overseas
> >may not agree with you ...
>
> Ian,
> Most programmers here think of the Indian code shops when thinking
> overseas.

What does race have to do with coding abilities?

> Swiss programmers don't count in that vein because there would
> be no cost savings to send work to Switzerland.

Please tell me how an Swiss programmer (an individual person) is any different than an American programmer, in terms of the code produced.

> You guys cost more than us US programmers.

How about individuals, which everyone is? Can you really generalize based on race or home country?

> I worked with your buds at TakeFive Software and the
> Swiss are no slouches when it comes to programming talent.

Do you really know this for a fact? Are there any negative generalizations about other races of programmers?

Each person is an individual with their own unique abilities. These cannot be determined by looking at their environment alone.

--
Chelly Green | chelly_at_eden.com | C++ - http://www.eden.com/~chelly