Re: How to Prevent Hung T: Processes with Ora7.2 on Solaris?

From: alex stamenov <stamena_at_ni.net>
Date: 1996/10/17

mahddh wrote:

> We're running Oracle 7.2 on Solaris X86 boxes. Using SQL*Net V1 on both
> client and server. Clients are 486 PCs running Windows 3.1 clients hitting
> the db via ODBC Oracle driver.
>
> What causes the T: process to remain on the Unix server after the client
> disconnects?
> What can be done to resolve it? One of our engineers has suggested running
> a cron job every night to start and stop SQL*Net . I have to believe
> there's a better way. In fact, I don't think stopping SQL*Net will get rid
> of the processes either.
SQLNet 1.X has a problem closing connections after client disconnects. SQLNet 2.1 and above handle this problem. You will have to upgrade your clients. It will not handle only clients that reboot and leave their connections open. Those you have to kill manualy (or via script) if you know exactly what connections they are.

alex Received on Thu Oct 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message