Re: -> User-Friendly SQL Editor? Where? <-

From: Wes Riding <wriding_at_shl.com>
Date: 1996/10/17

John Verhoeven wrote:

> I make all my blank lines a comment by adding '--' as the first two
> characters on the line.
> After running the ".sql" script from SQL*Plus and using "show error" to show
the compliation errors, use the SQL*Plus command "list" (or "l") to show the lines in the buffer in and around the error. This will give you some context so that you can find the appropriate lines of code with your editor. For example, if there is an error on line 550, use the following command to see the lines in question:

SQL> l 500 600

Also, making the blank lines a comment will cause the stored object to take up more disk space than is really required.

Wes.
mailto:wriding_at_shl.com Received on Thu Oct 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message