Re: Finding the LOV-name for an item.

From: Ian Wilkins <ianw_at_sensible.teleord.co.uk>
Date: 1996/10/16

In article <3263A9C3.3BA5_at_boeing.com>, Ken Niedermeyer <Ken.Niedermeyer_at_boeing.com> wrote:
>Is there a way to get the LOV name that has been attributed to an item
>at design time? I would like to dynamicly position the LOV for an item
>to appear under the text item so it will not block the user's view of
>the item. Get_Item_Property does not seem to have this "option".
Nope, your right, it doesn't. Surely the form must know what the LOV is thats attached to an item? Anyway...

The only solution I can think of is to make sure that the LOV's are named exactly after the item your in. Then you could get the item name, tinker with it till you've got the LOV name then do a find_lov to get the lov id. Then you can do whatever you want(!).

Not an brilliant solution (it might not even be a working solution), but worth a try!

Ian.
ianw_at_teleord.co.uk Received on Wed Oct 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message