Newbie Oracle 7.2 Questions

From: Chris Gatto <chris_gatto_at_miti.nb.ca>
Date: 1996/10/15

Ok, its like this...

We are developing a small 30 to 50 user client server package and using Powerbuilder 5.0 in conjunction with Oracle 7.2.

My questions are this:

  1. When developing can we count on Oracle performing its own row/table lock functions when two or more users are attempting to access the same record ? Or does the developer have to programatically enforse this ?
  2. What is the best method of dealing with situations were a user enters a module in the application and does not leave it for a long length of time. This would cause access problems for other users attempting to modify the same data. Can we time them out after x minutes?, other solutions?

Thanks Received on Tue Oct 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message