Re: look for some information about barcode

From: Les Ferguson <lhf_at_i-max.co.nz>
Date: 1996/10/15

habib <rna_at_onramp.net> wrote:

>I am looking for some information about barcodes(interleaved 2 of 5). I
>have to received all the barcode by winfax. From there, I have to read
>the barcode by using some kind of software and make a text file form
>translated number of the barcode ...

I was looking into a similar process a while ago, where a form would be scanned in as an image, and the bar code needed to be extracted from that image and interpreted.
A possible solution was offered by someone from Wang, in the form of a DLL that may be available for Windows programs, to decipher the bar-code section.

Unfortunately, I never got to finish that project, so I didn't get any more information on the bar-code reader routine. See if you can get any info from Wang about it - I believe it was an un-official program developed in Australia.

Later,
Les.
//\\//\\// Les Ferguson Health Systems Programmer; //\\//\\//\\//\\ \\//\\//\\ lhf_at_i-max.co.nz Unidata,Visual Basic, SQLWindows //\\//\\// Received on Tue Oct 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message