Re: Pro*C sqlca returns -1555

From: Ian Parkin <twod_at_roxy.sfo.com>
Date: 1996/10/15

: The oracle support guy sent me an email that relates to rollback segments.
: I completely rebuilt the 120 MB of rollback segments to no avail. There
: is no-one else but me using the table. The table originally started out
: as an import of a customer's 8.8 million rows. I have used the same
: program with a different cursor to remove 3.3 million rows with no
: problems. I have other criteria that need to be applied to the table
: now to get it chopped down to what I need to send back to the customer.

: Any thoughts?

(base)->oerr ORA 1555
01555, 00000, "snapshot too old: rollback segment number %s with name \"%s\" too small"

// *Cause: rollback records needed by a reader for consistent read are
//         overwritten by other writers
// *Action: Use larger rollback segments

Action text seems to indicate : Increase the size of the rollback segment or decrease the number of transactions between commits (write some chunk-blowing PL/SQL that removes 1 million rows at a time).

: The opinions expressed above are my own, and may not
: represent those of my employer.

Under what circumstances would they be be representative ?

IAP Received on Tue Oct 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message