Re: WebServer2.1 Installation Problems

From: Eric Byrnes <LNUSMCD.NZJDDV_at_eds.com>
Date: 1996/10/15

Rob Silcher wrote:

> I've downloaded WebServer2.1 for Solaris and I have it running. However
> to complete the installation the install instructions indicate I must
> start up a browser to complete the configuration. When I start up my browser
> and point to the specified document I get prompted for the Admin Account and
> password. I understand this account is required to access the
> administrative pages but what is this account? I haven't been able to find
> out what the account is and/or password.
>
> Any help out there?
>
> And I'm sorry if this has been raised previously.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Rob Silcher
> Data Administrator
> University of Waterloo

The admin account password was assigned during installation, and you should have been prompted for it. However, if you've forgotten it, it can be found as follows (I have Webserver 2.0, but this is almost certainly the same for 2.1):

  • find and edit the file $ORACLE_HOME/ows2/admin/svadmin.cfg. This has all the config info for the admin (protected) listener.
  • find the security security section. It begins with the line "[Security]".
  • just below that header, you should see the line "(Users)", and the next line should say "admin: xxxxxxx". The xxxxxxx is the admin user's password (in plain text).

Good luck...

Eric Received on Tue Oct 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message