Re: ORACLE WEB Server

From: Steve Wright <dwrights_at_utw.com>
Date: 1996/10/15

In article <325EF6A8.7B04_at_cs.wmich.edu>, mamalik_at_cs.wmich.edu says...

>I wonder if there is any tool (or is there going to be any tool) which
>will convert ORACLE Forms 4.5 application to a combination of HTML's and
>Oracle Web Agent procedures. This way it would be easy to do DML
>operations on ORACLE database through HTML Forms.
>
>I was also thinking that HTML 4 or higher should include an option which
>can create Menus in the Web browser so that one can click the Menu and
>just go to the linked URL. Code of this menu should be in some HTML
>tags.
>
>Sharing of Information on above mentioned topics will be appretiated.
>
>Muhammad Ahmad Malik
>Western Michigan University
>http://yakko.cs.wmich.edu/~mamalik/

Designer/2000 has the ability to generate modules defined as Forms 4.5 as an Oracle Webserver package. This is not a full conversion as you will still have to do custom coding to that generated package, but it is a first step. Received on Tue Oct 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message