Re: parallel query

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: 1996/10/14

Martin Douglas <dafis_at_ppp.test.jccbi.gov> wrote:

> Just be careful not to globally set
>all your objects with the same degree of parallelism. It should be set
>according to your # of devices associated with that object/tablespace. More
>than one process to a device could actually degrade performance.

The disks are all striped at the o/s level. I don't think I can determine how many disks an object would reside on other than by using the depth of the stripe.

Do these sessions show up on SMP systems too or only when you try to run PQ on an single processor system?

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_dvol.com

This message delivered by electronic sled dogs. WOOF!