Re: Pro*C and OCI

From: Chris Eastland <chrise_at_shore.net>
Date: 1996/10/14

gcaldwel_at_scsc.net (Gerald Caldwell) writes:

>I'm curious to why Oracle Corp. only includes OCI with Developer 2000 and
>Personal Oracle. Is OCI Oracle's preferred method of accessing Oracle
>databases from applications written in C. All the books on the subject I've
>read so far suggest that Pro*C is the better choice.

It isn't as black and white as this. It depends what you're doing. The nice thing about OCI is that you can write tight C code and not have to deal with the quirks of the precompiler. There may be some performance improvement too. There's not a really big learning curve if you know relational databases, dynamic sql etc. Received on Mon Oct 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message