Re: Help on PL/SQL tables

From: David Pais <davidp3_at_soho.ios.com>
Date: 1996/10/14

FORMS still use PL/SQL ver. 1.1 and u cannot define PL table in that ver

On Fri, 11 Oct 1996 20:50:06 -0700, AMARENDRA B NETTEM <nettama_at_charlie.cns.iit.edu> wrote:

:= Rajashekar Aerrabotu wrote:
:= >
:= > Hi,
:= > I would appreciate if someone out there could help me figure out
:= > as to why am not able to create PL/SQL table.
:= >
:= > I am doing a Forms 4.5 application and require to store the extracts
:= > from cursor into a PL/SQL table for future manipulation of the stored
:= > contents. But the problem is coming in the declaration part of PL/SQL
:= > table. The language is unable to recognize the syntax of PL/SQL table
:= >
:= > ie TYPE access_group IS TABLE OF dap.dap_data_value1.access_group%type
:= > INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER;
:= >
:= > can anyone see any mistake in the syntax but am getting a error as
:= >
:= > Error 103 at line 2,column 31
:= > Encountered the symbol "OF" when expecting one of the following
:= > "{"
:= >
:= > can anyone tell me why it is happening. I know that Forms 4.5 is
:= > supported by PL/SQL 2.0 so all that is present in PL/SQL 2.0 should be
:= > supported by Forms 4.5 isn't it?
:= >
:= > I appreciate all the answers towards solving my problem.
:= >
:= > Thanks
:= > Rajashekar
:= REMOVE DAP AFTER 'OF'
:= i.e.
:= TYPE access_group IS TABLE OF tablename.columnname%TYPE
:= INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER;
:= If you are using 7.3, %ROWTYPE can be used.
:= --
:= AMARENDRA B NETTEM ( http://www.iit.edu/~nettama)
:= ORACLE CONSULTANT
:= WHITTMAN-HART CORPORATION
:= CHICAGO.
"The opinions expressed here are my own, and are not necessarily that of Oracle Corporation or my employer" Received on Mon Oct 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message