Power Objects: Subforms and Transactions

From: Gordon E. Hooker <gordonh_at_thehub.com.au>
Date: 1996/10/13

"Tim Romano" <tim_at_ot.com> wrote:

>With Power Objects, is it possible to wrap a subform in a transaction, so
>that the set of rows inserted or updated by the subform could be rolled
>back in its entirety? E.g. the line items that are being written against
>an invoice header could remain uncommitted until their total dollar amount
>tallied with the amount on the invoice header.
>This cannot be done in Microsoft Access and I would probably move to OPO to
>get this feature.

I have not done this myself, but it would be worthwhile have a look if it could be done. I believe it is if you are using a repeater control by default. Knowing the concept of save points in the Oracle Database and the fact that you can use embedded SQL it should be possible.

Rick if you read this how about a comment...

Gordon