Re: Database Connectivity via the WWW

From: Geoff Crawford <geoff_at_innov8cs.com>
Date: 1996/10/13

In article <325F107E.5051_at_goldengate.net>, mrv_at_goldengate.net says...

>> Oracle provide now what is called a PL/SQL agent for Oracle Web
 Server
>> which allows PL/SQL to talk directly to the web. This is by far the
>> most efficient way of getting an Oracle database and the WWW
 together.

>If you running Windows NT or Windows 95, have you tried Allaire Cold
>Fusion (http://www.allaire.com)?
>
>I'm just asking about the most efficient part. I usually check
>more than 1 option before making an assessment like that.
>
>Allaire Cold Fusion through ODBC can communicate quite nicely
>with an Oracle database, not to mention other ODBC compliant
>databases like Access, MS SQL 6.5, DB2 through CAE, etc.

I agree about options. Option number 3 would be Progress WebSpeed, No restrictions on Web Server or Authoring Tool, world class 4GL, a tool that builds 4GL scripts, and native drivers for high speed access.

There are a lot of Web Products today, and the field is growing. You should have alot of options to choose from. Received on Sun Oct 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message