Course Project

From: Scott J. Leonard <sjleonar_at_iastate.edu>
Date: 1996/10/13

Hello.

I am student at Iowa State University doing a project on the subject of Oracle in a into database class. Specifically, my group is to compare Oracle to Access 2.0 and show why a firm would choose Oracle over Access.

Obviously, they shouldn't even be compared, but it is a class project, and if anyone has any input, it would be appreciated.

Here are some general questions:

  1. How many concurrent users can both handle?
  2. How much data can they handle? (Max size of database)
  3. What operating systems do each run under?
  4. Where is line drawn between choosing Access and Oracle?
  5. What kinds of support do both manufacturers provide?
  6. What about web connectivity?

Thanks in advance...

Scott J. Leonard Received on Sun Oct 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message