Re: Forms: PC locks up during PL/SQL process

From: Slava Natapov <Slava_Natapov_at_mail.stil.scitex.com>
Date: 1996/10/12

Neal Gran wrote:

> I have a long procedure (3 hours) which I need to process through a form
> button. During this process my PC is locked up, and I can't do
> anything.
> I can only reboot the PC, which allows the process to complete on my
> server, but is very unelegant.
> I have tried several work-arounds such as just haveing my form insert
> into a dummy table which has a database trigger associated with it which
> runs the procedure. This did not solve the problem.
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion that I might try to allow the procedure to
> complete without my PC waiting for the completion?
>
> Thanks
>
> -Neal Gran
> Anisoft Corp.
> email: neal_at_anisoft.com

Instead of dbms.job :
I use Run_Product built in (report ,asinchon.,no parametr form) In a pre_report trigger starting my procedure. After executing I print report which looks something like this: "procedure succecefuly completed ....."

If you need any details just drop me a line Slava .

Thats all... Received on Sat Oct 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message