How do I set up Access/Windows to 'access' Oracle db on Netware

From: <bradspie_at_SoCA.com>
Date: 1996/10/12

Hi:

    If someone could point me to a document that explains the steps needed to set up MS Access/Windows so that it can get to an Oracle database on a NetWare 3.1* server I would be most grateful.

    I have some experience with Access, but none with Oracle or NetWare setups. I am trying to use MS Access to link to an Oracle database on the server, but haven't a clue as to how to proceeed.

    I have one PC set up with a two-user NetWare 3.1* server and Oracle installed. The second PC has Windows 3.11 with Access installed as well as the 90 day trial version of Oracle. Using File Manager I can access the files in the Oracle sub-directory on the NetWare server.

    When I use the Oracle/Windows utilities I can connect to the sample DB that was installed on the Windows PC. How do I set up Access/Windows/Oracle/NetWare to allow me to do what I want?

    HELP! Robert W. Bradspies -- bradspie_at_SoCa.com Received on Sat Oct 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message