Re: HELP !! startup of Oracle 7.2.3 at boot time on UNIX

From: Bob Acker <program_at_icanect.net>
Date: 1996/10/12

Chetan S. Bhargiri wrote:

> I am having trouble starting up oracle at boot time. I have the dbstart script
>
> in /etc/init.d , but the problem I am having is this.
>
> The dbstart is being run as root at startup time. The dbstart has the
>
> following lines in it.
> connect internal;
> startup;
>
> For this to work, the user who runs dbstart has to be the DBA.
>
> Root is not the DBA on our system instead we have a separate user
>
> called oracle7 assigned as the DBA.
>
> This script fails as it complains that root cannot connect internal.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> thanks in advance, email responses are welcome.
>
> -chetan
>
> chetan_at_voicenet.com

Chetan, here is what I do, perhaps you can adopt it:

I am running 7.2 on NT.

I start SQLDba at a dos prompt using SQLDBA72 (there is probably a similar command on your system).

In SQLDBA I type: CONNECT INTERNAL/dbpassword

where dbpassword is the database password.

then: STARTUP

This starts up oracle.

Best wishes!

Bob Acker
S Fla Received on Sat Oct 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message