Database creation maxdata file question

From: Jereme R. Chapman <jrc2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: 1996/10/11

Database creation maxdatafile issue: ==================================

Fore Oracle Version 7, we can create databases with a large "maxdatafiles parameter"-- I have used Maxdatafiles = 2000.

Question: What is the maximum number allowed, if there is a maxiumum:

What is the impact of using a very large number, such as, 10000 ? I can only think of only one issue, the control file size would be large, because the controlfile tries to reserve space for all files.

Are there any more issues that might be important ?

If anyone has done any experiment/research on this, please share any information/suggestion. Thanks <Ujjwal> Received on Fri Oct 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message