Rdb -> Oracle migration: which platform ?

From: Martin Stehr <mstehr_at_rdc.cl>
Date: 1996/10/11

Hi, currently we habe Rdb over VAX-VMS installed, but we are starting to change to Oracle next year.

Does it make any sense to start an OS-change also ? (I mean from VMS towards Digital Unix for example). Asking it another way: for a heavy transactional load, what platform do you suggest (VMS or Unix) ?

Please mail to me any suggestions. I'd like to know about implementation differences (of the OS'es and Oracle itself) which could affect performance and security.

The OS change involves migration of legacy systems (COBOL) and forgetting al the VMS expertise of our company, so please tell me if it still would be better running Oracle over Unix than over VMS.

Thanks in advance,

Martin Stehr

mstehr_at_rdc.cl
Santiago - Chile Received on Fri Oct 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message