Re: -> User-Friendly SQL Editor? Where? <-

From: Shawn Odekirk <shawno_at_erudite.com>
Date: 1996/10/11

> I too am from a MSSQL and Sybase backround and was unimpressed with
> the Oracle tools available. I still use a text editor and read files
> in SQLPLUS. I will be looking at a Windows based tool from
> TechnoSolutions called SQL navigator. It looks promising. The are at
> http://www.technosolutions.com.

One of my complaints with using SQL Plus to apply stored procedures from text files is that blank lines are stripped out of the source as it is read. If I get a compile error, the line number is meaningless compared to the source in my editor.
Procedure Builder deletes source code occasionally if you get an error when compiling, so I'm staying away from that tool. If anyone knows how to get SQL Plus to maintain blank lines when you read a file (_at_, START, GET) I would appreciate knowing how.

Thanks,
Shawn Received on Fri Oct 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message