Re: GPFs with Developer 2000 1.2.1

From: Simon <jb85_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: 1996/10/10

hmorgan_at_eden.com (Hope Morgan) wrote:

>We are experiencing GPFs with Developer 2000 1.2.1 applications running on
>Windows 3.1 when we use the Oracle Hints library. Is anyone else
>experiencing problems with the use of the Hints library or any other
>library executables?

Fwiw, I was told that most of these GPF problems are to do with the first meg of upper memory getting fragmented under Windows. Alledgedly, you need to get hold of a package called FIX1MB, which will minimise this. I say "alledgedly", because every time I've tried downloading it from somewhere, it comes up with an error when I try to implement it...

PS - I got this info from a "Designer 2000 100% generation seminar".

--
Simon Holt --  System Designer/DBA
** My opinions are not nescessarily those of my employers **