Re: Oracle 6 for DOS: Machine type for Pentium

From: Tom Brownell <tomb_at_cadp.org>
Date: 1996/10/10

Ulrich Klein wrote:

> Can someone tell me the value for machine type in config.ora for a INTEL
> Pentium 133Mhz?? I've replaced my 486 PC by a Pentium and now ORACLE
> doesn't run anymore. If I call ORACLE I get a blank screen with a
> flickering line at the bottom, and the only thing I can do is a Reboot!
> Thank you for your help!

How much memory does the new Pentium have? More than 32MB? If so, you probably have an old version of Oracle 6 for DOS which didn't support more than 32MB of memory. Also the machine_type depends more upon the memory manager you are using instead of the chip type. If you are only using HIMEM.SYS then the machine_type should be 2. If you are using HIMEM.SYS and EMM386.SYS or QEMM then the machine_type should be J.

Tom Brownell Received on Thu Oct 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message