Re: So, anybody in the world knows the price for Oracle7.3? (5-user license and Web license)

From: <jcarron_at_ca.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/10/10

On Mon, 07 Oct 1996 23:03:14 GMT, roussel_at_physics.mcgill.ca (Harold Roussel) wrote:

>I'd like to know if anybody could find out the price of Oracle server
>7.3 (for NT). I looked on their web site, no info. I sent an e-mail,
>no info except a phone number from someone who wants to tell me about
>Oracle Web or something like that. I looked at a couple of internet
>vendors on the Web, then again everybody is selling Sybase, Informix,
>DB2, MS SQL, etc, but nobody is selling Oracle. Is the price so high
>compared to the other relational DB that nobody dare to sell it?! Or
>to talk about it's price? Are they still in business? :-) Any
>information appreciated.
>

>//
>// Harold Roussel email: roussel_at_physics.mcgill.ca
>// Ph.D. student phone: (514) 398-6506
>// High Energy Physics
>// McGill University, Montréal, Québec
>//
>// Using OS/2 Warp and NT 3.51.
>//
>// "Mais je vais être frénétique et fulminant, il me faut une armée entière à
>// déconfire. J'ai dix coeurs, j'ai vingt bras. Il ne peut me suffire de
>// pourfendre des nains, il me faut des géants." Cyrano de Bergerac

If you are located in Montreal call the local office at 514-843-6762 or you can call Onxy or GE in Canada as they resell or Oracle. However is this is for a University site or for an educational related facility, your best bet is through Oracle as yet can get and education discount.

Hope this helps,
Jc.
jcarron_at_ca.oracle.com Received on Thu Oct 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message