Re: what is the advantage of oracle over access

From: Kursad Keskinege <kursad.keskinege_at_raksnet.com.tr>
Date: 1996/10/09

Gary Assa wrote:

> >My group and I are looking for information on the advantages of oracle over
> >access. General observations, personal experience, or even reference on
> >where to find more info would be greatly appreciated.

that depends on your needs in fact...
if the place you want to develop a database solution is a small one, I'd advise access.
if you plan to develop an environment where only one person enters data one or more people reads it, I'd advice access. and money concerns, access costs much more lesser than oracle.

if you plan a BIG project, where a centralized server included several input personnel, and several query people, then go for oracle. oracle costs alot in the beginning, but you get the results back when you try to handle the huge database thing.

if you plan a client server environemnt, with object oriented technologies, go for oracle.

if you plan to integrate your database with web, go for oracle. so, that depends on your needs, if you become more specific, I can guide you.
well, if money considers, what about sybase?

I am not a reseller, of sybase, oracle or access, I am just an administrator.

regards,
Kursad Keskinege, RAKSNet.
kursad.keskinege_at_raksnet.com.tr
http://www.raksnet.com.tr