Re: Help!!

From: varad acharya <vacharya.ford_at_e-mail.com>
Date: 1996/10/08

mwang wrote:

> Because I deleted a datafile from directory, I am not able to restart
> Oracle. After I created a file, as suggested, with the same name and
> size in the same directory, the error messages are:
>
> SQLDBA> connect internal;
> Connected.
> SQLDBA> start mount;
> DBA-00342: unable to complete internal login
> ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
> ORA-07429: smsgsg: shmget() failed to get segment.
> SVR4 Error: 2: No such file or directory
> SQLDBA> startup;
> ORACLE instance started.
> Database mounted.
> ORA-01122: database file 7 failed verification check
> ORA-01110: data file 7: '/usr/people/mwang/data/abc.dbf'

Is /usr/people/mwang/data/abc.dbf the name of the new file you added? If so try the folowing.

startup mount
alter database datafile '/usr/people/mwang/data/abc.dbf' offline alter database open

The oracle instance should startup albeit the above datafile will not be available.Data that was contained in the original file of this name is lost.

--

Regards,

Varad Acharya