Help!!

From: mwang <mwang_at_colorbank.com>
Date: 1996/10/08

Because I deleted a datafile from directory, I am not able to restart Oracle. After I created a file, as suggested, with the same name and size in the same directory, the error messages are:

SQLDBA> connect internal;
Connected.
SQLDBA> start mount;

DBA-00342: unable to complete internal login
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-07429: smsgsg: shmget() failed to get segment.
SVR4 Error: 2: No such file or directory SQLDBA> startup;
ORACLE instance started.
Database mounted.
ORA-01122: database file 7 failed verification check
ORA-01110: data file 7: '/usr/people/mwang/data/abc.dbf'
ORA-01204: file number is 8 rather than 7 - wrong file
Attempting to dismount database........Database dismounted. Attempting to shutdown instance........ORACLE instance shut down. SQLDBA> Anyone can tell me what I can do to restart Oracle? I have no backup for that deleted file and run Oracle in NONARCHIVLOG mode.

Thank you very much!! Received on Tue Oct 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message