Transposition of data, SQL enigma

From: Andrew Joseph Esposito <aje_at_lys.vnet.net>
Date: 1996/10/08

I have a table laid out in the following (simplified) fashion:

SQL> desc monthly

 Name                            Null?    Type
 ------------------------------- -------- ----
 ACCTNUM                         NOT NULL NUMBER
 LSEQ                                     NUMBER
 YR_MO                           NOT NULL VARCHAR2(4)
 ABAL                                     NUMBER
 ACCD                                     NUMBER
 ACCN                                     NUMBER
 [...]

Where ABAL, ACCD, ACCN are all for a particular YR_MO (Year, Month). I need to make a result-set look like the following:

ACCTNUM ABAL9505 ABAL9506 ABAL9507 ABAL9508 ABAL9509 ABAL9510 ABAL9511 ... So simply the SQL would have aliases on the selected data columns to rename them, like:

SELECT ACCTNUM, ABAL as ABAL9505, ACCD as ACCD9505, ACCN as ACCN9505, ... FROM MONTHLY
WHERE YR_MO = '9505'; However, how do I tag the next query on to get the columns ABAL9506, etc.

If you know, a quick note to aje_at_vnet.net would be extremely appreciated! I'm working at First Union National Bank right now and could really use some help.

--
Andrew Joseph Esposito
aje_at_vnet.net