Re: What is maximum size of an Oracle data base?

From: Eugene Freydenzon <efreydenzon_at_corpinfo.com>
Date: 1996/10/08

Bob Withers wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what the maximum size of a single Oracle data base is?
> I heard once that it was 250MB but then I hear people talk about multi-
> gig data bases. Is that a single data base or multiple linked data
> bases? I sure appreciate it is someone could clear this up for me.
>
> Thanks much,
> Bob
>
> --
>
> Bob Withers Do or do not, there is no try.
> bwit_at_pobox.com Yoda
> bwit_at_mo.net

        If you are talking about SGA size, there is some limit(according to Oracle corp).

        They told me that for Solaris 2.5 maximum realy used SGA for 7.2 is 256 Mb. If you allocate something more, you are just wasting RAM.

        BTW: Does somebody knows SGA limitations for HP UX?

        Thnx in advance,

        Eugene.

*        Everything above is only my opinion           *
* If you see a lion in a cage and sign says "elephant" *
*           DO not belive your eyes !                  *
*       (Kozma Prutkov. (informal translation))        *