Re: Parse & Fetch issue

From: Mike Biggin <mbiggin_at_denr.sa.gov.au>
Date: 1996/10/08

Sanjay Mehta wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am having a little performance problem. My
> select statements are parsing in less than 1 second
> but the fetch/execute operation is taking a
> considerable amount of time. It seems that the
> rows returned in each chunk needs to be bumped up.
> Do you know what parameter(s) I can modify to
> decrease the fetch time?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Sanjay

Try using trace and tkprof to get performance statistics on your select statements.

ie: Before doing your select, turn on session tracing:-

ALTER SESSION SET SQL_TRACE = TRUE; Afterwards, run tkprof to produce a performance report:-

tkprof tracefile reportfile explain=user/passwrord

--
Mike Biggin	<mbiggin_at_denr.sa.gov.au>
Department of Environment and Natural Resources, South Australia