Re: Oracle C++ class library for Solaris x86 ?

From: Ian Parkin <twod_at_roxy.sfo.com>
Date: 1996/10/07

: Is there such a thing ? Can I buy or download it from somewhere ?
: Does it come with any distribution of Oracle that is available on
: their ftp site ?

Oracle does not ship a generic C++ library with Pro*C and there are no libraries that I know of that are available from any of their ftp sites.

What sort of a C++ library are you expecting ?

Usually the sort of Oracle related code that goes into a library will either be so project-specific (methods/actions specific to an application related table) or so generic (ie dynamic SQL) as to make it un-reasonable or unworthwhile  to ship.

Anyway, why are you playing with C++ ? Surely, it should be java these days :)

IAP Received on Mon Oct 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message