Re: Oracle Reports 2.5 ?

From: Michael C. Beach <michael.c.beach_at_boeing.com>
Date: 1996/10/07

We have been using it since its release (as 2.0), like maybe a couple of years. We really don't like it, but it does work. We find it cumbersome and awkward, and in some cases I have had to abandon reports that got too hosed. We use it only because it is a part of the Oracle Developer/2000 suite, but we have threatened on many occassions to shop for a new report tool.

Enough editorializing, a good developer will require about 2-3 weeks of full-time trial-and-error development to begin to understand the tool. Possibly spending time in a training course could be helpful, but the courses and the need to know never seem to coincide.

Mike Gold <Michael.Gold_at_DaytonOH.NCR.Com> wrote in article <Dyptzx.9Hv_at_wildcat.daytonoh.ncr.com>...