Re: Help with ORACLE Products!

From: Randy Jordan <rw_jordan_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1996/10/07

In article <53bok3$1ii_at_paul.rutgers.edu>, sarav_at_paul.rutgers.edu (Saravanan Arunachalam) wrote:

> Now, I was told that to be able to use the
> "Spatial Data Option" with Oracle has, (which is needed to
> interface with ARC-INFO that we already have), Workgroup Server
> does not have that capability and hence I need to buy Enterpriser
> Server. (which costs a significant amount more than Workgroup

I hate to say this... (what the h___ I'd love to say it!)

dump the Oracle database, Buy Sybase, and use Sybernet to connect it to the web!

http://spacely.sri.com/netscape.html

or

http://sybernet.sri.com/

RJ

Randy Jordan                                 Senior Systems Analyst
                                             SRI International
(408) 735-1175                               (415) 859-4625
rw_jordan_at_mindspring.com                      rjordan_at_unix.sri.com
                                             http://mis.sri.com/rjordan/