Re: Deletes in Oracle 7

From: komix Hui <huikomix_at_dt.com.hk>
Date: 1996/10/07

Gary Mazzone wrote:

> Help
>
> I am trying to delete about 65000 records from a database running on
> SCO UNix Oracle 7.1. The deletes will go but I have to keep the number
> of records below 20,000 and 14,000 records take about 2:30 hrs.

I think your problem is that the ROLLBACK segment is not large to afford store 65000 records.
If you want to delete the 65000 records in step, you can create a large ROLLBACK segment such as 20M, and
then set your transaction to use this newly created rollback segment, run your delete command.
You can get what you want.

Best Regards, Received on Mon Oct 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message