Re: Why no patches available from Oracle's ftp/www server ?

From: Ian Parkin <twod_at_roxy.sfo.com>
Date: 1996/10/07

: No. I am trying out the trial version and having difficulty getting past
: the installation phase, not because of my lack of knowledge but because of
: some well known bugs in this software.

It may have been useful for you to indicate the problem(s) that you encountered during the install, quite often there are 'workarounds'.

If you are not using the x86 90 day trial CD-ROM to install from, then request that they ship one to you. Well worth the $15 for shipping and I know one site that has installed this way without a problem.

I'm running the production release of 7.3 on 2.5.1 x86 and everything is kosher. So if you do decide to register/upgrade you can be assured that everything is OK (on my box at least).

IAP Received on Mon Oct 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message