Re: Developer 2000 / Personal Oracle 7

From: Jim Smith <jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/10/05

In article <athar.ikram.6.0098A490_at_cressoft.com.pk>, Athar Ikram <athar.ikram_at_cressoft.com.pk> writes
>R U a Pakistani?
>
>In article <324EAAAD.404E_at_dircon.co.uk> Arman Heidari <arman_at_dircon.co.uk>
>writes:>From: Arman Heidari <arman_at_dircon.co.uk>
>>Subject: Developer 2000 / Personal Oracle 7
>>Date: Sun, 29 Sep 1996 17:58:21 +0100

>>I have just got the trail CD for Personal Oracle 7 and
>>Developer/Designer 2000 development suit.

>>I am have a couple of problems with it.

>>I have installed PO7 and Developer 2000 in Win95.
 <snip>
>>However when I try to use the Developer 2000 SQL Scripts or connect
>>to the database using SQL PLUS 3.1 (which is installed by Developer 2000
>>setup) I can't connect to my local database.

>>I think my problem is somewhere in the connect string.

>>Any help would be appriciated.

>>Many thanks in advance.

>>Arman
>>Arman_at_dircon.co.uk

The beta of PO7 for Win95 came with some updated required support files which had to be copied into Oracle_HOME for Dev2k to alllow the 16bit code to access the 32-bit database. I assume the production version is the same.

The files were in a directory called ora16upd in the installation directory (that is the directory from which PO7W95 was installed, not the final directory. I am afraid I can't remember any more details

--
Jim Smith