Re: 2 objects with same name

From: Marek Wiechula and Sheila Plant <sparemgw_at_batelco.com.bh>
Date: 1996/10/05

Hi all,

> I would like to know if somebody knows the solution to create 2
> objects with diferent characteristics but with the same name in the same
> instance of a database. We have used different tablespaces and it didn't
> work out.
>
> Ex.: create table test (field1 integer not null) tablespace TS1;
> create table test2 (field2 float not null) tablespace TS2;
>
> It didn't work.
>
> If you want send email to: astrack_at_nexocs.com.br

The objects are physically stored in tablespaces but they are logically identified by <schema>.<object name>

The short answer is to define another user and have him define the second object. Then you can reference it by <user2>.<object name>.

Marek Wiechula Received on Sat Oct 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message